Monday 1 July 2013

Brisbane workshop 3 & 4


Everyday I wake and tell myself just how blessed I am... from my good health to wonderful support and love in my life.  And now to my new journey in fashion! 

From jet setting across the lands to being offered luxury accommodation...The adventure is only about to begin!
    

Saturday - Workshop 3 Production. Having the pleasure of working with Ms Sophie Nixon - WILLOW Senior Designer and having a Special guest: Mr Steven Carter -  JETS Production Manager.

People would kill for the opportunity I am getting, let alone the journey I am at the moment...

Every time I walk into a AIFW workshop I feel so very humble!  I keep pinching myself! 

After lunch we had the opportunity of 90 mins with Steven to pick his brain! We all wanted to gaining as much information as possible, questions left and right, everyone wanting more and more... 

From current industry knowledge to gaining insight on internal structure and process - this man knew his stuff! To even be able to be given this opportunity to casually gain access to the a current fashion information was insane! He was like just a normal person, real and not pretentious and genuinely interested in what we had to ask and gave us good advice.


Sunday - Workshop 4 Arts Law with Artist in the Black with Donna and Suzanne.

What an eye opener! Im on the right track but I still need to get some legal requirements sorted ASAP! But least I will be a successful business that runs on "good business practice"! 

After the workshop, we all had the time to have one on one, to gain advice and information that was relevant to each individual business. To know that they will be able to direct us and guide us in the right direction to making sure we are not going to need help in the future. Makes me less anxious to know someone has my back!



After all the fun, it was back home to Perth for more hard work and fashion research/ development! 

Until next time...

TJ xx


No comments:

Post a Comment